January 3After a big night's sleep the jetlags hopefully gone an da boys hit Venice - Beach that is.
Scene of many movies, tv shows and crimes, Venice Beach is heaps of fun and a cauldron of cosmopolitan people and activities - St Kilda on steroids! Also known as Muscle Beach every type of persona nd activity must have been seen before – almost.......
Disguised as just another tourist, underneath my tourist clothes is my Manly LSC cozzie/budgie smugglers. Seeking to expose the M

anly brand and extend its reach what better place than the home of Bay Watch. We go searching for lifeguards on a mid Winter’s Californian day – temperature about 10, wind a little cold. One lifeguard tower has a USA flag flying – I wander up and a rugged up female lifeguard says get off the tower except in extreme emergencies – its not Pamela and she’s not wearing a red one piece either. I explain and get told I can do whatever I want but don’t touch the tower! Reluctantly I decide the patrol vehicle is a good location if I can't do the tower. Check out my blog's photo album for more pics!

Manly photo taken we head off to see the real Venice Beach - boys make me put my disguise back on! Jack has been trying to disassociate himself from Dec and I and our Manly activities. He's borrowed Dec's sun glasses and doing a really good "I'm somebody pretending to be nobody" look and attracting paparazzi like attention! Still I think he needs to add to the paparazzi look - maybe a hat? More on that later.

We get to the hub of Venice Beach, around the basketball courts, gym, handball courts and much more. Despite being Winter its pretty busy and fascinating to be in the middle of.
Market stands everywhere - pipes and drug induced merchandise and paintings very popular. Pot's in the air - a group of locals have all brought their drums of every type and size and are sitting in a circle attracting a large audience with their sometimes rhythmic beats. I watch a while, the boys amused I'm standing next to someone having a joint apparently unaware!
.....More later.....
No comments:
Post a Comment